These are the official social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) of the Hoover Police Department in Hoover, Alabama. These accounts were voluntarily created to provide people who live, work, or visit Hoover that have an interest in the Hoover Police Department, with access to information about the Hoover Police Department. These accounts are monitored and managed, however not 24/7.
The following conditions apply to the use of these social media accounts:
- A posting constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
- Do not use these social media accounts to report a crime. To report a crime, notify: Hoover Police Dispatch at 205-822-5300 or dial 911. To submit a tip, notify: Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama 205-254-7777 or utilize the Hoover Police Department’s tip form found on the website at www.hooverpd.com.
- If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime, subjecting yourself to a subpoena, and in certain situations, endangering yourself or others.
- “Friending” between Hoover Police Department (or any of its officers or employees) and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
- Comments posted by others on the Hoover Police Department social media accounts are not to be considered the opinion of the Hoover Police Department; nor does Hoover Police Department endorse third-party comments on these accounts.
- The Hoover Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the Hoover Police Department Corporate Communications/Public Information Office.
- If you have photos or videos that you would like to share on this page, contact a Hoover Police Department Communications Officer at 205-444-7700.
- If you are looking for additional regarding the Hoover Police Department, please visit www.hooverpd.com .
The Hoover Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion on this page and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on this page. The Hoover Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others;
- include racism, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity, spam or advertisements;
- could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees;
- clearly are off-topic and/or spam;
- consist of content not permitted by law, such as violations of a person's privacy due to personal information about another person contained therein, copyright infringement, defamation, etc.; and/or contain links to pornographic, sexually explicit (or similar) websites.
The Hoover Police Department Facebook site should not be relied upon for emergency services and is in no way designed to serve as an alternative to the emergency services provided by 911 telephone service. If you have an emergency or important time-sensitive crime information, communicate this information with the Hoover Police Department through the emergency 911 telephone service or the non-emergency number (205) 822-5300. This site may contain links to other sites on the internet that are operated by third parties other than the City of Hoover and the Hoover Police Department. The Hoover Police Department is not responsible for the content of any such external site, or for the availability of the site or its content. Communications made through Facebook shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Hoover Police Department or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the Hoover Police Department or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the Hoover Police Department is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules, or regulations. The Internet or Facebook should not be used to transmit any sensitive or confidential information to the Hoover Police Department as such information may be intercepted. The City of Hoover and the Hoover Police Department make no warranty or representation, express or implied, with respect to the quality, content, accuracy, completeness, currency, freedom from computer virus, or non-infringement of proprietary rights, of any of the design, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, or other materials and items contained in or displayed on this site. All such items and materials are provided on an "as is" basis and you are fully and solely responsible for your use of them and for any results or consequences of your use. HPD reserves the right to delete submissions that contain vulgar language, threats of any kind, and comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group.